The meanderings of three red-heads under one roof.

This is the story of a family. A family full of gingers living in Sunny San Diego, told by the the lady (I use the term loosely) of the house.


*Allergy Information: Manufactured in a facility sharing equipment with sarcasm, realism and too much information.


Thursday, February 2, 2012

7 Layer Bars 10 points

Guess what? 7 Layer Bars are a dream. They are everything good. If we could find a way to add some cheese to these bad boys, I'm pretty sure the Earth would stop rotating. Aunt Mint made these yesterday while I did some grocery shopping and all-around errand running. I asked her to guest post, but she declined. We invited "The Boy" over for dinner and served these for desert with just a touch of red wine for the boys and champers for the girls. Divine. Heavenly. Superb. Toffee, chocolate, more chocolate, coconut, sweetened condensed milk, rice krispies and graham crackers. Oh. And butter. Mmmm..... Since I cheated and didn't actually make them, I can only say that she burned the coconut three times, refused to use a foil sling based on the term alone, and that we only used one can(actually a squeeze bottle from Trader Joe's)of sweetened condensed milk. After reading posts from the other Bake 52ers, the jury seems to be split as to whether the bars are better with one or two cans of the milk. For us, the drier option was perfect. There's a serious wet bread phobia around our house. *Try to visualize me crossing my fingers that nobody picks bread pudding as her recipe.*  If you can't swing by my house to help me get rid of these things and save some calories, I highly recommend you bake them yourself. Check out Ms. Jesse's blog post for the entire recipe.






2 comments:

  1. look at you, all positive about the 7 layers bars! and the cheesecake!! I am glad you guys liked these, we loved them too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, right? I'm growing up. And my sister baked them. And my kid wasn't screaming at me. AND they have heath bars in them. Winning combo.

    ReplyDelete